Monday, March 16, 2009

En Route and Other Miracles

It's raining. It has been raining since Friday, which is about how long we've been on the road. Currently, we're on I-26, fourteen miles from I-95, in South Carolina. We're heading to Hilton Head and Savannah for Spring Break.

The point, though, is that I'm updating this as we're traveling, because Hank has a Verizon card for his computer that works anywhere, including the middle of SC, where there's not a lot else going on. I know I'm easily amused, but being able to check email, weather reports, etc., while scudding down the highway is pretty cool.

Normally I would deplore how the technology makes me miss scenery, etc. But the scenery here is pine trees, ranks of them, and rain. Oh, and billboards for Stuckeys. I am happier blogging. I feel guilty because Hank just has to watch the windshield wipers. I'll read this out loud to him and make him feel better. Bwahahahahaha.

We just passed a treeful of Spanish moss. Every time Hank gets around Spanish moss, he wants to bring some home. What he really wants to do is put some in the hemlock outside the dining room and rejuvinate it, sort of like a toupee for trees. I'm guessing Spanish moss won't survive in our climate, but it might be worth looking into. After all, we did get upgraded to USDA Zone 7.

No comments: